Friday, January 8, 2010

New Project Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Hackintosh

I found a deal on a MSI DKA790GX Platinum Motherboard Combo that came with a AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0 GHz Black Edition processor and bought it. I rebuilt my gaming system that had a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Motherboard and a Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz chip in it.
I’m still working on getting the best parts to do the build on the cheap. I may switch my D945GCLF Atom hackintosh system back over to PATA drives and use the SATA drives from it in the system.
I found a post over on insanelymac that had a link to download a kext set for a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
I used the current legacy version Boot CD from Prasys for EMPIRE EFI and was able to get the system I used the GA-965P-S3 motherboard in to boot and install snow leopard but It keeps having the waiting for root device error when I try to boot it using chameleon instead of using the boot CD to boot the system. I’ve read that this means that I need to use different kexts or something to that effect. I’m fixing to head to bed, but I’ll post my results for this system tomorrow.

EDIT: New Post with guide for installing Snow Leopard on a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 system with PATA / IDE Drives


Sorry It’s taken me so long to post. I’ve been depressed due to being unemployed and I haven’t felt like messing with my Hackintosh systems. I’ll try to post more often, whenever I run across any interesting news to share and discuss.

No comments: