Sunday, March 14, 2010

Coming soon: Gigabyte M68M-S2 with PATA drives install guide

I've successfully used the AMD compatible 1.085 R2 Boot CD made by Prasys to install Snow Leopard on a Gigabyte M68M-S2 system with the following config

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 2.6 GHz
2 GB DDR2 Memory
IDE (PATA) DVD/CD-RW combo drive
IDE (PATA) 80 GB Maxtor Hard Drive

I'm in the middle of doing the write-up for the guide so it'll take me a few days to get it polished up and ready.

The only issue I've noticed so far is that even with the nullcpumanagement kext installed and not having the sleep enabler kext installed I still had to go into the power management settings to turn off the systems ability to sleep due to a problem with it not wanting to wake up.

Other than this I haven't had any issues with the performance, I've downloaded and installed all available updates on this system. I'm using the chocolate kernel that can be installed with the myhack boot loader install package.

Stay tuned for the complete guide.

 

UPDATE: The Guide has been written up and can be viewed here

I remain your obedient servant

Doctor Evil

No comments: