Sunday, August 30, 2009

Booting Snow Leopard Retail in 3 easy steps!, Snow leopard retail DVD boot

 

Credit goes out to kdetech over on the insanelymac forum for his post Booting Snow Leopard Retail in 3 easy steps!, Snow leopard retail DVD boot which details steps for installing snow leopard and had links for a modified boot-132 disk that will boot the snow leopard retail DVD.

Kdetech notes “This will only work on a vanilla capable PC, so no AMD.

I’m still waiting on my Snow Leopard DVD to arrive from Macmall, it’ll probably arrive at my home while I am gone to dragon-con.

I’ve already downloaded the special boot-132 cd ISO image and I will be using kdetech’s guide to try to install Snow Leopard on my hackintosh

I promise to report my results and any needed software or steps to get snow leopard up and running on my D945gclf Atom Hackintosh.

I remain your obedient servant,

Doctor Eviil

1 comment:

tester said...

Hi, Would be great for you to succeed in doing this and keeping us up to date. I have 10.5.8 running on this board and am also waiting for my retail Snow Leopard to arrive as well as a new hard drive I want to do this on. Been reading insanelymac and there are not to many success stories so far so would be great to see your progress. This is all very new for me . Cheers and good luck.